Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Ability to Choose

One of my favorite parts of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is where Covey discusses that between a stiuation and our reaction, we have the right to choose. I have many times forgotten that I had that right. I simply responded to what my emotions dictated to me. After reading that passage, I became more proactive in deciding how I would respond to any given situation. That has really empowered me. Also, he says that whatever circumstance one finds themselves in, it is the result of the decisions that they made. If that person wants to change their situation, it is his/her responsibility to make the necessary decisions to do so. Even though I have heard that almost all of my life, it was nice to have a reminder from a different source.

No comments:

Post a Comment