Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where is your time going

Another part of the book that really affected me was in Habit 4. He talks about the quadrants in which many people operate. I realized that I was one of the people that functioned mostly in Quadrants I and IV. I was constantly overwhelmed with crises and pressing problems. By the time I solved one problem, another was there to knock me over. I found myself living day to day, simply extinguishing catastrophes (some of which were not even mine). While I was living like that, I thought that I was doing the right thing by dealing with things that were urgent. But really some of the things that were urgent were not really important. Many big problems could be solved if I had made the decision to spend time in Quadrant II and scratch some things from Quadrant III. I have begun to do that, and the difference has been like night and day. I have energy. I feel accomplished at the end of my days. I don't constantly worry about my next move. I've begun to actually live life again instead of letting situations live them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment